Veterinary Mentorship, Elevated
Below are some common FAQs that might help answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact us for any other questions you may have about our program.
How does the program work?
- 16-week formal mentoring curriculum for a cohort of up to 4 practices with 4 new grads
- A theme for each month (such as “Communication”)
- A subtheme for each week (such as “Effectively presenting your treatment plan”)
- Daily morning zoom meetings with the mentor and cohort members
- In-clinic 3 hours per week with each member for 1-on-1 mentoring
- Office hours in the evening to discuss problems from the day, plan for tomorrow
- Unlimited texting between members of the cohort to ask questions of each other
What is a sample schedule?
Mon-Thurs: 7-8 am group zoom for all cohort members
Mon-Thurs: 10 am-1 pm in person at 1 practice – 1-on-1 time
Wed-Sat: 5-6:30 pm on-call office hours
Where is Ready, Vet, Go located?
Our cohorts for 2022 and 2023 will be located in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Will there be Ready, Vet, Go in other locations?
I am a small animal practice owner or manager, and I would like to use Ready, Vet, Go to help onboard my new hire. What do I do next?
Send us a text, email, or schedule an introductory meeting with us. We will answer all of your questions.
I am a senior vet student and I would like to have Ready, Vet, Go at my first job. How does that work?
Reach out via text, email, or schedule a meeting with us! You can also send us a message on LinkedIn or Facebook. We will work with you and potential practices to find out if we would be a good fit. You can also direct practices you are considering to our website so we can schedule a meeting with them.
I am a recent grad that was told I would have mentorship in my first job, but that isn’t happening. Can you help?
First off, we’re so sorry you haven’t had the mentoring you need and deserve. Practices generally want to mentor, but time often gets in the way. We’re here to help! We offer 2-3 cohorts per year, so even if you have been at your practice for a few months (or years), we will have a cohort for you to join. If you are thinking of moving on from your current practice, we will work with your new employer to ensure you get started off on the right track by joining one of our cohorts.
Who pays for Ready, Vet, Go?
I am an experienced veterinarian and would like to be a mentor. Is that possible?
Yes! We are growing nationwide, so please reach out through our many communication options to learn more.